Monday, May 01, 2006

The Father Knows And Cares

-“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (Matthew 10:29-31) Jesus portrays His Father as an all knowing, all caring being and the amazing thing is He says that His Father is your Father and my Father! He is a Person who can be approached with the confidence of a dearly beloved child...a child who comes to a Father who deeply cares about His child. With so many men today who have had absent, emotionally distant or even abusive fathers this may be something that is really hard to picture or to grasp. That is why the Father so much desires dads to nurture their children…by so doing that provides a picture for children to draw upon AND this allows fathers who may have not had a nurturing father themselves to experience the very heart of the Father God as they love their children. Of course an earthly father’s knowledge and love is finite unlike the heavenly Father’s but when fathers care for their kids..the faith of both dad and child is able to take root and grow. Dear Father, this knowledge is too wonderful, too vast for me to comprehend! I thank You, even though I can’t fully grasp it. I thank You that You know and care about me and all Your children in this way. Let me teach my children of this today so that You will be glorified and exalted through our lives.

No comments: