Monday, May 01, 2006

Yoked To The Stronger Ox

-“Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) In Central America you can see today just about everywhere you go the sight of two oxen yoked together. A young ox will be paired with an older, more experienced one. The younger ox has the easier yoke. He just walks alongside and keeps in step with the older, stronger ox. To learn to walk in submission to Jesus, the Son, is much like this picture. I need to walk with a constant awareness of the pace and direction of my Lord. I am not to stubbornly drag my feet or arrogantly pull in my own direction..but I walk with constant awareness and submission to the Greater One I am yoked with. Dear Lord Jesus, I am weary of straining ahead of you or dragging my feet. I rest in Your leadership. May You be seen through all that I do today.

No comments: