Monday, May 01, 2006

A Greater Joy

-“You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.” (Psalm 4:7) The thing about being a follower of Christ is NOT that we cannot enjoy the simple pleasures of life such as eating and drinking--it is just that we have something better, something that produces much deeper joy than any physical gratification this world has to offer. A child instinctively knows where his or her father finds life. They will be able to fill in the blank to this following statement: “Real life to my dad is_____________. If they can’t say something like “his relationship with God,” or “Christ” then a Christian father has missed the mark. Dear Father, may You and You alone be my life’s greatest joy. That is the greatest legacy I can leave to my children and grandchildren.

No comments: