Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Pure Heart And "Seeing" God

-“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:8) If there ever was a time of history where moral impurity has been so prevalent it is today. In our culture we are flooded with verbal garbage, sexually-oriented ads and perverse entertainment throughout the media. The dangerous thing for me and for my children here is that if I passively allow these many impurities to fill my mind and heart I will soon not be able to “see” (through the eyes of faith) God now in this present life as well as presuming upon His grace that we would be allowed to see Him face to face later in heaven. To protect my heart and the heart of my children is not some kind of peripheral propensity towards Puritanical prudishness but it is a matter of life and death-for life in the Bible is defined as knowing God (John 17:3) and death is described as being separated from Him (Romans 6:23). Dear Father, remind me that I guard my eyes and my heart and seek to lead my family in this area not because I am a “stick in the mud” but because I long for the greater joy for us to SEE YOU in our family’s life today and together throughout eternity.

No comments: