Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Path To A Blessed Life

-“Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers but his delight is in the law of the LORD and on his law he meditates day and night..” (Psalm 1:1-2a) It is not enough just to try to eliminate harmful things and relationships in my life. I must delight in God’s word and to hear His voice through a community of brothers and sisters in Christ who are also walking with God. He has promised that this kind of life is “blessed” or “happy.” Dear Father, I know this is a process. Help me delight more and more in Your words and pay less and less attention to the hollow voices of cynical unbelief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know when I am reading and spending time thinking through Gods Word I am blessed with new insights and hope. Gods Word always gives hope and peace. In todays world that is really good news. Thanks for the reminder Jamie!