Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Father's Words Of Affirmation

-“And a voice from heaven said, “This is My Son, whom I love, with him I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17) Jesus has just been baptized by his cousin John. Now a thirty-year-old adult he is about to enter 40 days of severe testing and three years of rigorous ministry that will culminate with the humiliating criminal’s death on a cross. The Father knew what lay ahead of Him and He knew that He needed to hear these words from Him. “This is My Son” reminded Jesus of His identity, “whom I love” reminded Jesus of the Father’s love for Him, even when He would seem far away, and “with Him I am well pleased” assures Jesus of His Father’s pride in Him. Dear Father, my kids will face rough times ahead in fulfilling their callings, may I speak these same words of belonging, love and pride into their lives.

No comments: