Thursday, December 11, 2008

Heidi Turns 31


My oldest daughter, Heidi, turned 31 years old on December 3rd. Thirty-one years ago I became a father for the first time and for all time. It seemed like just yesterday that I was in the old Swedish Hospital in Englewood, Colorado holding our 9 lb. 4 oz daughter. As I think of her life what joy comes to me. She has grown up to fulfill the verse from the Bible that we prayed over her life: “Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.” (Proverbs 31:30 KJV) We also loved the meaning of her name, Heidi, “cheerfully noble” and she is all that, too.

Cindy and I have watched her grow up into the person we prayed that she would be. She married Sky Blake on July 7, 2000. On May 7, 2004 she became a mom for the first time and then for the second time on March 11 of this year. She and Sky have two beautiful girls, Ellie and Sadie.

What joy to watch a daughter grow up and raise her children to follow God’s path. Besides being a great wife to Sky, Heidi is a wonderful daughter, sister to her three younger siblings, sister-in-law to Sky’s siblings and good friend to many. Thankfully, she and Sky live nearby (and so do those granddaughters!) May the Lord continue to bless you, Heidi, as you have been a blessing to so many others and me.

No comments: