Monday, March 20, 2006

Pleasing An Audience Of One

“Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret will reward you.” (Matthew 6:4) The hardest thing about being a dad (besides having to deal with those pesky kids!) is that there is usually no applause for the things we do. Many of us work with little appreciation from others or in comparison with celebrities, sports heroes, corporate titans or successful politicians. But Jesus reminds us that to do things like prayer, fasting, giving to the needy AND He I’m sure He would add faithfully loving and serving our family there is little applause from this world BUT there IS appreciation and reward from the Father for these things. The problem is that Jesus doesn’t specify HOW the Father will reward. That is left up to Him. He promises that He WILL reward. Father, strengthen me to live today to please You, my audience of one, in my home and outside where I still serve my family through providing for their needs and lifting them up to Your throne, knowing You are pleased and rejoice in pouring out your reward to your kids!

No comments: