Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Teens & Cell Phones

As a dad I struggle with the unbelievable onslaught of technology that our kids are being inundated with. Cell phones is one example. All my kids have their own cell
phones. There is an upside of having them-we can keep better connected with them when we need to for example. We have one in college and one married with a child and I make weekends my catch up time with them via the cell phone. I am able to connect with them no matter where they are. Here's a great article to help us dads think through both sides of the issue.National
Fatherhood Initiative ::: About NFI

1 comment:

Rodney H. Kay said...

I have found it useful for my son to have a cell phone, mainly because he will connect with me when I am not around and he has a question. Before, when he waited for me to get home at the end of the day, either he would forget, or think I was too tired. Technology is a tool, neither good nor evil - it is the use of the tool that has to be monitored.